Spanish Society of Chromatography and Related Techniques (SECyTA)
The XVI edition of the José Antonio García Domínguez Awards aims to recognize the scientific value of communications in the field of Chromatography and Related Techniques. Such communications can be either presented by young researchers at the XX Scientific Meeting of the Spanish Society of Chromatography and Related Techniques (SECyTA 2021), to be held on November 18-19, 2021 in Virtual Edition.
These awards are in honour of the memory of Prof. José Antonio García Domínguez, researcher of the Institute of Chemical-Physics Rocasolano from CSIC, pioneer in gas chromatography in Spain and one of the founding members of the Group of Chromatography and Related Techniques (GCTA, currently known as SECyTA).
In this edition, the awards will consist of the following prizes:
-Prize for the best oral communication: 500 €
-Prize for the second-best oral communication: 400€
-Prize for the best web communication: 300 €
-Prize for the second-best web communication: 200 €
The terms of the José Antonio García Domínguez Awards are the following:
1) The awards are aimed to young researchers (Bachelor and PhD) who are currently members of SECyTA. The Organizing Committee considers young researchers those who are conducting their doctoral thesis or developing a research work and who have obtained their Bachelor degree less than 6 years ago, or who have defended their Master Thesis or equivalent less than 5 years ago. For PhD young researchers, the Organizing Committee understands those who have obtained their PhD 5 years ago maximum.
2) Young researchers who have previously received the José Antonio García Domínguez Award in the same category in one of the last two editions will not be eligible for the XVI Edition.
3) The jury will consist of members of the Scientific Committee. The Organizing Committee might ask for information from experts on specific topics if needed.
4) All communications submitted for award qualification have to be presented in English.
5) The winning communications will be selected from all those presented at the José Antonio García Domínguez Award.
6) The winning communications will be announced at the Closing Ceremony of the XX Scientific Meeting of the Spanish Society of Chromatography and Related Techniques, which will be held on November 19, 2021.
For additional information, contact the Secretariat of SECyTA:
Dr. Juan Vicente Sancho Llopis, Secretary of SECyTA